Kerns and Associates Federal Tax Professionals 
Takes special care to understand the unique needs of our clients.
Power of Attorney: Gives us permission to pull records, speak and represent taxpayers before the IRS and receive tax correspondence. Fee: $
Power of Attorney
Correspondence Audits
Correspondence Audits: We assist taxpayers in resolving issues dealing with notices and letters received from the IRS. Fee: $
Your tax return information is confidential. The IRS and your tax professional cannot disclose your tax information to anyone else without your explicit consent.

If you find out that the IRS or your tax preparer has disclosed your tax information without your consent, you may bring a civil lawsuit for damages. The IRS has steep penalties against tax preparers who disclose tax return information without your permission. Your tax preparer cannot release your confidential tax information to anyone without your explicit permission. If your tax preparer asks you if it is OK for him to share your information with third-parties, it is your right to say No.

Your tax professional also cannot release your information to the IRS unless you give him or her your permission. Likewise, the IRS cannot release any information to your tax professional unless you give the IRS permission. 

You can grant permission to release your tax information by using Tax Information Authorization (Form 8821) or Power of Attorney (Form 2848). If you want your tax preparer, a family member, or other trusted person to handle your affairs with the IRS, you should use the Power of Attorney form. If you want your tax preparer to receive information from the IRS about your taxes, but not to act on your behalf, then Form 8821 will be used.

We do not share any of your confidential tax return information with any third-party. A third-party is any person or company other than you, the client. That means we cannot disclose your identity, income, net worth, tax liabilities, or other protected information to the Internal Revenue Service, state tax authorities, unmarried partners, friends, relatives, real estate agents, mortgage brokers, banks, or any other person or company without your explicit authorization.